Australian Senior Snooker Association Inc. Australian Senior Snooker Association Inc.
   Home | Forum | Register | Active Topics | Search
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Off Topic
 Facebook vs Discussion Forums

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kendo Posted - 18/02/2023
Before social media platforms like Facebook, discussion forums were most popular. But while forums can offer a much more organised way to follow threaded discussion, Facebook seems to be more popular these days.

Recently I stumbled upon a discussion on an IT forum titled "Are forums dead?" and while the opinions of what were mostly webmasters (website owners) varied, there was a common belief that forum discussion is much better for any type of discussion that has a chance at arriving anywhere, whether that be a conclusion or just the presentation of all arguments for the reader to decide for themselves.

For example... a question and answer scenario where different aspects can be explored or explained, like in a tutorial or a user-guide about how to stream live video or maintain a snooker table.

Forums are organised by categories in which discussion can be threaded by topic. Facebook posts can be threaded too, but there is no categorisation and no index to be be able to find anything much older than a few days.

However Facebook is undoubtedly a key to getting everyone's attention.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Admin Posted - 24/02/2023
Interesting indeed... players have been invited by email and via Facebook. So some players have joined the Facebook group and others have registered as associate members in the forum. But not many have joined both services.
WilliamK Posted - 18/02/2023
The ASSA uses both a member forum and a Facebook group page, so it will be interesting to see how that pans out. My guess is that Facebook is easier for mobile phone users and the latest post is always right under their nose, while this forum needs to be explored to find anything. Although for desktop computer users, the link for Active Topics is easy to find.

© 2024 Australian Senior Snooker Association Inc.     Home | Contact | Privacy | Results | Terms Go To Top Of Page