Australian Senior Snooker Association Inc. Australian Senior Snooker Association Inc.
   Home | Forum | Register | Active Topics | Search
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Event Management
 What makes a good event?
 New Topic    Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Forum Admin

Australia
57 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2022  Reply with Quote
What does make a good event?

Is it the standard of play, the number of players competing, the audience in attendance or the seamless flow of interaction without hiccups?

Some say that the numbers are most important, whether it be balancing entry fees with costs and prize money, or the number of competitors. But if that was the case then a handicapped event will always be a better event than a state or national championship... or will it?

So how does one compare a handicapped event open to young and old to a state championship that might only have a few players with the courage to take on the best in a scratch event (no start/handicap)?

JenkinsT
Associate

Australia
5 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2022  Reply with Quote
Covid has been a dampener. I hear that most of the field at the last QLD Open were stricken. In a closed room like a snooker room no one escapes. If the players don't have the decency to drop out when infected, they should be barred!
Go to Top of Page

Jooster
Associate

Australia
4 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2022  Reply with Quote
I do prefer the ones that I win!
Go to Top of Page

VojtechK
Associate

Australia
4 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2022  Reply with Quote
There is nothing better than a well run event and a chance to catch up with like minded fellows.
Go to Top of Page

WilliamK
Committee

Australia
42 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2023  Reply with Quote
What makes a good event?

I reckon that any event that runs according to schedule and without drama is good event!

Last year we saw too many tournaments cancelled simply because the number of entries were low. Now while that may be a dampener for funds to go towards prize money, it is a travesty when the event is for a state championship. Last year the QLD State Womens Championship was scheduled only to be cancelled twice... not once but twice that happened. The end result is now there is no record for a Queensland Womens State Champion for the year 2022.

But some of the clubs have also cancelled their invitational tournaments for similar reasons and the result is not good for snooker at all.

That is why ASSA events will run even if they have only a few entrants... because there is nothing worse for the sport than a non-event!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic    Reply to Topic
Jump To:
© 2024 Australian Senior Snooker Association Inc.     Home | Champions | Contact | Privacy | Rankings | Results | Terms Go To Top Of Page