Australian Senior Snooker Association Inc. Australian Senior Snooker Association Inc.
   Home | Forum | Register | Active Topics | Search
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Main Board
 Who else thinks pool is boring?
 New Topic    Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

FabianG
Associate

Hong Kong
1 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2022  Reply with Quote
Really? If pool is not boring, then why do they keep trying to spice it up with so many different flavors?

Just to mention a few... 8 ball, 9 ball, 10 ball, 15 ball rotation, 61, 14.1, one pocket, kelly pool, 3 cushion, chicago, baseball, pill ball and on and on it goes.

HelmetS
Associate

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2022  Reply with Quote
Yes, I find pool boring but would like to explain why. Although I am bored watching pool and can no longer be bothered playing it, I can appreciate why it is popular. Pool for most is introductory level. Most have mates who play and often there are pool tables at pubs where pool gets introduced socially. For some it can be the means for a night out, having a drink but without a companion. I grew up on pool, played and practiced when I could and eventually lost interest because there was no longer a challenge. Later I went back to playing pool comps but while I found winning easy, putting up with the playing conditions and the crowd was not so easy. So I started playing snooker in member only clubs... a new challenge and more interesting people.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic    Reply to Topic
Jump To:
© 2024 Australian Senior Snooker Association Inc.     Home | Champions | Contact | Privacy | Rankings | Results | Terms Go To Top Of Page